Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fifth and Final Week at Paul Revere

        This is my fifth and final week of my placement at Paul Revere Intermediate School.  I have really enjoyed this experience.  My cooperating teacher and the students I worked with were awesome.  I had the chance to work with 8 different classes of students and that offered so many different opportunities to interact.  Being able to talk with students, instruct their lessons, and help mediate their problems made me feel very much like a teacher at times.  I've been able to learn so much in a short amount of time.  My cooperating teacher has been a great example as a P.E. teacher.  I've been able to learn about class structure, lesson planning, mediating, motivating tools, and many other useful teaching strategies.  I've also appreciated the way my cooperating teacher motivates her students.  She is constantly encouraging them to "push" themselves and she is very involved outside of the classroom.  She does several after-school programs for the students.
          I really enjoyed the units we did in P.E. this semester.  Soccer, Hockey, and Dance all were taught in effective ways that really engaged the students.  All units ensure that all students are not only proficient in technical skills, but also understand the rules and finer points of each unit.  Even the warm-up that we did on a daily basis was very inclusive and got the students active right away.  The combination of cardio, sit up, and push ups worked on some key areas of fitness.
          The students will be finishing their dance unit in the next week and they will be getting into groups tomorrow to start choreographing their own dance routines to preform for their "final project". I look forward to seeing the students final projects and see what they came up with.
     Overall, this has been a great experience.  I would certainly recommend that other future P.E. students complete their placement here.  Thank you Paul Revere Intermediate.  GO PANTHERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment